CHEESY TATER TOT BREAKFAST BAKE
Minnesotan Breakfast of Champions
This Cheesy Tater Tot Breakfast Bake is super easy, can be prepped the night before, and incredibly delicious! Kids and grownups alike will devour this. Sure to be a family favorite.
From: Chew Out Loud
Serves: makes one 9x13 dish
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage, no casings
- 2½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 extra large eggs or 3 large eggs
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- pinch of table salt (1/8 tsp)
- 2 lbs frozen tater tots
- 3 TB freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- In a very large skillet, cook sausage on medium high heat, breaking up the meat and browning it. Once cooked through, drain and layer onto the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan. Evenly sprinkle 2 cups of the cheese over cooked sausage.
- In a large bowl, hand-whisk together the milk, eggs, pepper, onion powder, and salt. Once mixed, pour evenly over the cheese and sausage in baking dish. Layer top with frozen tater tots. If not baking right away, cover tightly with foil and chill in fridge until the next morning.
- When ready to bake, set oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position. Once oven reaches 350F, place casserole in oven for about 35 minutes. Top with additional ½ cup cheese, cooked/crumbled bacon, and bake another 5-10 minutes or until sides are bubbling and top is golden brown. Garnish with chopped parsley, let rest at room temp 10 minutes, and serve.
Source: Chew Out Loud