CHEESEBURGER TATER TOT CASSEROLE
This Cheeseburger Casserole recipe is a comfort food classic.
Author: Written Reality
- 2 lbs. extra lean ground beef
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 large bag of frozen tater tots
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Press ground beef into the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In separate bowl, mix mushroom soup with 1/2 can of water until smooth.
- Pour evenly over the meat.
- Add the cheese.
- Spread tater tots evenly over the mixture to make a nice crusty top.
- Secure with foil and bake for an hour.
- Remove foil and bake for another 10 -15 minutes until tots are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the bacon and onions. Enjoy!
One of the best sides to this meal is a buttered biscuit or warmed dinner roll. After all, what’s a cheeseburger casserole recipe without the bun? Think of it as the quick serve of a drive-thru meal mixed with the comforts of home.
Image and credits: Written Reality