Fish Fryday-Baja Fish Tacos
Craft a getaway from this frigid weather right in your own kitchen!
Quick and easy Baja fish tacos! Flaky white fish seasoned and blackened, then served in flour tortillas with creamy slaw and zesty avocado sauce!
- 1 pound white fish (I used 4 4-ounce mahi mahi fish fillets), cut into 1 inch pieces
- ¼ cup taco seasoning
- juice of 1½ limes, divided (plus additional lime wedges for serving)
- 2 cups slaw or thinly sliced cabbage
- ¼ cup mayo
- 8 taco-sized flour tortillas (6-inch tortillas)
- 1 medium or large avocado
- juice of 1 lime
- ⅓ cup cilantro
- 4 tablespoons mayo or plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- milk or water, as needed
- In a blender or food processor combine the avocado, lime juice, cilantro, mayo (or greek yogurt), and salt and garlic powder for the sauce and pulse til smooth. Add 1 tablespoon or milk or water at a time until desired consistency is reached. (You just want it to be easily spreadable and smooth) Set aside.
- Toss slaw or cabbage with ¼ cup mayo and juice from ½ of a lime. Set aside.
- Grease a skillet and preheat over medium heat. Add fish pieces. Drizzle juice from 1 lime over fish, then sprinkle with taco seasoning and saute over medium heat 6-8 minutes until outside is browned and fish is tender.
- Assemble tacos by dividing slaw, fish, and avocado sauce between tortillas. Serve with additional cilantro and lime wedges.