Jalapeno Popper Tater Tot Casserole
Author: Alea | Premeditated Leftovers
- 2 - 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened at room temperature.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups Mexican Cheddar Jack Shredded Cheese, divided
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 Jalapeno Peppers, deseeded and diced
- 1 - 2 lb. bag of tater tots
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a casserole dish with tater tots. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- While the tater tots are baking, cook bacon, blot fat away, and crumble into small pieces. Dice the peppers and slice the onions.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, 1½ cups of Cheddar jack cheese, bacon (save a little bit for the topping), diced Jalapeno peppers, and most of the sliced onions (save a few for the top). Stir to thoroughly combine ingredients.
- Spread the jalapeno mixture over the top of the tater tots.
- Top with remaining ½ cup of cheese. Sprinkle the extra bacon pieces and onion slices over the top.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.