OVEN FRIED FISH CAKES WITH A SECRET INGREDIENT
There is an entire zucchini
hidden in these cakes!
Author: Accidentally Wonderful
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1 zucchini
- 2 eggs
- quart-sized bag of pork rinds, crushed
- additional crushed pork rinds for coating
- 1/2 c shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil spray (or cooking spray)
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Sprinkle tilapia with salt and pepper. Broil the tilapia for four minutes on each side. While the fish is cooking, shred the zucchini. I just use a cheese grater, and it works perfectly. I grate it directly onto a dish towel. Once the zucchini is grated, I pick up the whole dish towel and squeeze out as much juice from the zucchini as I can. It needs to be really dry in order for the cakes to hold their shape.
- Combine the shredded zucchini, crushed pork rinds, and parmesan cheese. Gently fold in the tilapia fillets and add the eggs, stirring well to coat the mixture with the egg. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the fish mixture into the fridge to cool. I usually leave it 5-10 minutes. Form the mixture into 2 inch balls and roll them in the crushed pork rinds. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and flatten them slightly. Spray the tops with the olive oil. Bake at 375 for ten minutes, flip the cakes over, spray the other sides, and continue baking for ten more minutes.
Source, credits & more information: Accidentally Wonderful