Work Wednesday: Detroit Lakes
Front Desk Representative - The Lodge on Lake Detroit
Seeking gracious, sales & hospitality-minded candidates for our award winning team. This Front Desk position involves tasks such as greeting and interacting with guests, taking reservations, checking guests in and out, responding to guest questions and needs. Ideal for candidates with strong communication skills who will take pride in striving for excellence, providing legendary customer service, and contributing to our I-Care culture. Our company motto is "Service isn't a big thing, it's a million little things."
Position involves use of computers, telephone, and requires ability to multi-task and stand on feed for prolonged periods of time, plus the ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
Shifts are typically 7 am-3 pm and 3 pm-11 pm, and involve weekdays and weekends. Those interested in PT or FT are welcome to apply. This upscale, award winning resort hotel has 54 rooms and suites, 2 meeting rooms, a day spa, private beach, lobby bar, fitness room, pool area, and serves an extensive complimentary full hot breakfast to registered guests.
The Lodge on Lake Detroit proudly displays a Trip Advisor 5-star ranking from satisfied guests, was recently awarded Small Property of the Year by the Minnesota Lodging Association, has been recognized for its green and eco-friendly initiatives, and is a 5 time MK Guertin Winner - Best Western's most prestigious top award - ranked top 1.5% of all Best Western properties in North America.
Locally owned and operated by Holland Hospitality - now in our family's 4th generation of providing excellence in hospitality.
Some benefits include: Flex plan, disability, life, voluntary supplemental insurance, dental, retirement plan, PTO and Best Western discounts.
Please apply online at www.hhlodging.com or stop in and request an application at the front desk: Best Western Premier The Lodge on Lake Detroit, 1200 E Shore Drive, Detroit Lakes MN.
Job Type: Part-time
Easily Apply: The Lodge on Detroit Lake
Beach Shop and Lakeshirts/ Doghouse Production Plant - Lakeshirts
Lakeshirts will have many summer employment opportunities available! These positions are ideal for college and high school students, or teachers on summer break. We have openings at our Beach Shop on Little Detroit Lake as well as our production plant on Randolph Road. Position opportunities will depend on age and schedule needs.
If you would like to be considered, please complete an online application for this general posting.
Easily Apply: Lakeshirts
General Labor - Construction - Arvig
Arvig seeks General Laborers who want to make a difference, grow their future, and have fun in the process AND who want competitive pay ($16.50/hr to start), overtime potential, multiple pay increases in the first year, plus benefits -- all at a progressive company that cares about its employees.
More than 70 years ago, our founders built the telephone network'and today, we're still making history by leading the way to bring high-speed internet to the corners of rural Minnesota. Join us as we embark on a 10-year construction project to build a strong future for you and the state of Minnesota. Our construction shop is located in Perham, Minnesota.
Our general labor employees are a vital part of the crew and help with materials, guiding backhoe and drill operators, preparing hand-holes and more. Overall, crews are responsible for trenching/plowing communication cable, fiber optic cable, electric cable, gas line and conduit. If you like, we will help you get your CDL and teach you skills such as locating and operating heavy equipment.
We prefer the following qualifications
Any experience with construction, landscaping, farm work, or related Self-motivated with ability to following oral and written instruction Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and cooperatively with a wide variety of personalities Be at least 18 years of age Valid driver's license with a clear driving record Class A CDL is a plus! Already hold your Class A? Starting pay is $18.17/hour! Utility construction experience a plus!
Our people are our advantage. We may be biased, but we think they're the best'customer-focused, crazy smart, hard-working and, above all, kind! We're a dedicated team of doers who drive innovation, culture and our positive impact on the communities we serve.
The best employees anywhere, that's the Arvig advantage. Discover your advantage. Apply now!
Easily Apply: Arvig
Maintenance Worker - Holiday Inn on the Lake
We are looking for a skilled maintenance worker to perform upkeep tasks such as repairs and cleaning. You will be responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and building systems and ensure facilities are tidy and functional.
Being reliable with a keen eye for detail is the first step to getting this job. The ideal candidate will have experience and solid technical knowledge. You must also possess manual dexterity and physical stamina.
- Perform cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping etc.
- Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, painting, filling gaps on walls etc.
- Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
- Install appliances and equipment
- Do garden/yard upkeep by mowing lawn, collecting trash etc.
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems (e.g. ventilation)
- Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm)
- Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations
- Report to a facilities or maintenance manager for issues
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
- Experience using hand and electrical tools
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Physical stamina and dexterity
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Available to work weekends
1. Health Insurance
2. Life Insurance
3. Long-Term Disability Insurance
4. Simple IRA match
5. Like to travel? - Holiday Inn Detroit Lakes is one of over 5,000 members of the IHG hotels group. Stay at any IHG hotel around the world at their employee rate. $29 - $79 The average hotel is $49/night
6. PTO Time
7. Use of pool & fitness area.
8. Use of Summer Toys - paddle boards, kayaks, canoes, bikes, fishing equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Easily Apply: Holiday Inn on the Lake
Material Handler - TEAM Industries, Inc
Night Shift, 7:45pm-6:15am, Differential Applies
Purpose: To assist in organizing and maintaining an accurate warehouse to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Ensure a safe work environment for self and others. Follow all safety rules and regulations. Demonstrate commitment to safety program.
- Compare identifying material information records to material
- Load and unload trucks as needed
- Verify inventory counts and box quantities as needed and identify any discrepancies
- Supply work centers with packaging and materials
- Stage product per reports
- Accurately complete reports and all necessary paper work for the jobs
- May remove and empty scrap containers and dispose of used of materials as needed
- Proactively monitor work centers and other production indicators to avoid delays in production
- Utilizes the 5-S principles (sort, set in order, shine, standardize, and sustain) to maintain an orderly, clean and safe work area.
- Ability to regularly meet or exceed efficiency requirements
- Actively participates in CIP events to improve the safety, quality, and efficiencies of our current processes and procedures
- Support and positively contribute to a culture of continuous improvement
- Maintain effective lines of communication with all departments
- Communicates with supervisor and co-workers in a professional manner
- May temporarily operate production machinery as needed
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Education & Experience :
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- 3 months warehouse experience preferred
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to use computer equipment for standard processes involving material movements
- Ability to use shrink wrap machine, scales, hand tools, etc. for weighing and packaging parts for shipment
- Ability to follow work instructions
- Must be detail oriented
- Must acquire a forklift certification from the TEAM Industries facility in which you operate a forklift.
- Regular attendance
Job Type: Full-time
Easily Apply: TEAM Industries Inc