Coconut is tremendously well suited here, bringing a creaminess to balance out the bright ruby tartness
Author: Danguole | 10thKitchen
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (canned, full-fat)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon natural coconut extract (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut oil (warmed to liquid state)
- 2 cups diced rhubarb
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a 9x5 loaf pan by greasing, lining with parchment paper, then greasing the parchment.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and set aside. Whisk together the coconut milk, eggs, extract and/or ginger, if using, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat coconut oil and sugar with a handheld mixer on medium speed until smooth, 1-2 minutes. Lower speed and add half of the flour mixture and beat until just incorporated. Add the egg/milk mixture followed by the rest of the flour mixture, beating until just incorporated both times. Fold in the rhubarb.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, spreading all the way to the edges. Top with shredded coconut, pressing lightly into the batter. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven. Remove foil and bake for 35-40 minutes more, until toothpick inserted in the center comes clean (cover with foil again if coconut gets too brown). Cool for 15 minutes in the pan on a rack, then remove from pan and cool on rack completely before serving.
Source, images, credits & more information: 10thKitchen