BRUSSELS SPROUT & PEAR SALAD WITH DIJON VINAIGRETTE
haved Brussels Sprouts team up with pears, pecans, your favorite greens and get all dressed up by an easy tangy dijon vinaigrette!
AUTHOR: Amy | WholesomeDelicious
- For the Salad:
- 2 cups brussel sprouts about 15 sprouts
- 4 cups fresh arugula or greens of your choice, spinach is also great
- 1 pear chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts
- For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt + more to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
Begin by cutting your sprouts in half, and removing the bottom stem. Place inside a food processor or blender and pulse for 10-20 seconds or until the brussels have been "chopped".
In a large bowl toss in arugula, brussel sprouts, pear, and pecans.
To make the dressing, place the ingredients in a small bowl or jar. Whisk or shake until completely incorporated. Toss 1/2 cup of the dressing on the salad. You can use the entire jar, or reserve some for a later use. Adjust the dressing to your taste!
Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
Source, images, credits & more information: WholesomeDelicious