RHUBARB-ROSE OVEN JAM
This easy oven jam adds
floral flavors to sweet-tart rhubarb
with vanilla bean and rosewater
Author: SAVEUR EDITORS
- 2 1⁄2 lb. rhubarb, cleaned and cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 2-inch strips orange zest
- 1⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. rosewater
- 1 to 1 1⁄2 tsp. fresh lemon juice, as needed
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, vanilla bean and seeds, sugar, orange zest, and salt.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium (8- by 10-inch) roasting pan and bake for 60 to 70 minutes, stirring gently every 20 minutes or so. The juices should be thick and syrupy and the rhubarb should be very soft.
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven and add the rosewater and lemon juice to taste. Transfer jam to an airtight container and serve within 1 to 2 weeks.
Source, image, credits & more information: Saveur