Grilled Peaches and Cherries with Cinnamon-Honey Syrup
A delicious way to top vanilla ice cream
or as a sweet side on its own
- 14 ounces cherries
- 3 large peaches
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla Ice Cream (optional)
- Cut cherries in half and remove their pit and stems. Cut the peaches into large chunks and discard the pit.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Thread fruit onto the skewers. Grill fruit on medium heat for about 10-15 minutes or until tender and showing grill marks. Remove the fruit skewers from the grill. When cooled enough to handle, but still warm, transfer fruit to a large bowl from the skewers.
- In a small saucepan, just melt together butter, honey, and cinnamon over low heat. When butter is melted and ingredients are combined, remove from heat. Drizzle over fruit in the bowl and gently turn the fruit over in the bowl to ensure that all the fruit is coated with the syrup. If fruit is still hot or very warm, allow it to continue to cool.
- Spoon the warm fruit over a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired. Spoon extra cinnamon-honey over the ice cream.
Source, images, credits & more information: HomeCookingMemories