Mango Rhubarb Salsa
The basil, cucumber and rhubarb give it that fresh-from-the-garden taste and the mango adds the right amount of sweetness
Author: POPCULTURE.COM STAFF
- 1 cup rhubarb (3 stalks), sliced
- 10-ounce package frozen mango, thawed and diced
- ½ cucumber, diced
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and diced
- juice from one lime
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon stevia (or sweetener of choice)
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil.
- Add the sliced rhubarb and cook for 10 seconds.
- Immediately place in strainer and run cold water over the rhubarb for about 30 seconds. Place in medium size bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Source, images, credits & more information: POPCULTURE.COM